Incredibly talented, ridiculously funny and genuinely wonderful Louise Kerr is a seasoned circus & comedic performer who has developed her skills and honed her well thought out characters for almost 10 years. With a background in teaching and education, as well as circus and physical theatre, combining the two creates performance theatre that understands and capture’s an audience’s attention while also being able to impart knowledge in an exciting, empowering and fun way.
- Were you born into circus? – No, but when I was very little my father built a small unicycle as a project and learnt to ride it. Eventually the unicycles he built got bigger and he got braver, so I guess it’s in my genes, not the building part though!
- Have you got to travel as a performer and what was the best experience? – Yes, I’ve travelled throughout Europe, Australia, Scotland, Singapore, the UK and even South Korea. My best experience was performing at a military festival in Korea, it was crazy that they hired ‘Sport Suzie’ to entertain there, but it was an awesome experience and the food was incredible.
- Favourite Christchurch local – Have you met Aerobics wannabe and Gym fanatic Suzie? With fashion and moves like the next Jane Fonda, Suzie loves doing leg raisers on a unicycle and increasing her heart rate, you see her at local events skipping on her unicycle, Sport Suzie performs the most hilarious workout show ever! Not only can she squeeze through a tennis racket but she can ride possibly the smallest bike you’ve ever seen! Oh and skip on a 6 foot unicycle, but hey everyone can do that!
- What do you enjoy doing for fun? – I love Birthday Parties, who doesn’t there’s, presents, cakes, games, but no-one ever invites me, they always invite my sister ‘Lou Lou the Clown’ she goes to parties every weekend. I don’t know why she’s so popular, she looks silly with her giant shoes, rosy red nose, suitcase full of balloons and funny one wheel bike. Plus, I think she needs glasses and yesterday I found her juggling some shoes. Actually I do love her, but I wish one day she would come to my party!
- Best reaction from an audience/member/volunteer – Child (volunteer) in my show: “When I grow up I want to be You!”
Louise Kerr is available for as ‘Lou Lou the Clown’ in Christchurch & surrounds, and also does events, private parties as various characters around New Zealand for Circus In A Flash including our annual Orewa Buskers Festival. Contact us to book!